Transparant background

Hey, i just installed this plugin and its pretty nice. I only miss one very important function as a designer. I would love to see the option to make the background transparant, so i can use the animations in more situations.

One more thing, when you click on preview animation (before adding it), i dont see a ‘back’ button. Could you add this as well? Now i have to search again and again for the animations.

For the rest, very beautiful plugin, nice design and very handy.

Greetings Jasper

How do you create the animation?
In After effects you have an option for this, it is icon on bottom of stage that look like chess board

Hey Jasper!

I’m curious as to what you mean. Are you talking about the After Effects plugin or the Figma plugin?
I only ask because I imagine that with AE the transparent background thing wouldn’t be a problem (unless I’ve misunderstood what you mean).

Hope you can clarify so I can help :slight_smile:

Hey, I meant the plugin for Figma :grin: and yes, I mean a transparent background option for all the illustrations that are available. Now I can choose between white/black or any color, but transparent would be the best.

Greetings

1 Like

So with the LottieFiles for Figma plugin you can make the background transparent for some of the GIFs (I’ve found it doesn’t work for all, depending on how they are composed).

So in the plugin, open up the background color color-picker and then drag this bar here to adjust the transparency.

This will not work for all GIFs sadly but hopefully, for your sake, it will for the ones you need :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi, I was trying Lottiefiles (in Figma) again and coming back on my issue. Here is an example:
I would love to use the transparant background, but it appears like this: its out of shape/color

You see the one at the bottom is the original, so with white background. The other is transparant, but now the icon is changed and has no shape anymore.

Also, when i am using the plugin (for Figma) I also really misschien the back button.

And last, when re-opening the plugin, I would love it to be where I left.

For the rest, the Plugin is really helpful, good designed and very nice :slight_smile:

greeting Jasper

1 Like

Have you found a solution now?
I am having the same problem.

1 Like

@fala.myde
The problem should have been fixed as the transparent functionality works now. Can you explain in detail what is the issue you are encountering?
On a separate note, when you convert a lottie format animation to GIF format, do expect some degradation in the quality. Check out this article for more information